Friday, June 14, 2013

14 - Peter Clines



This is a book I have been wanting to read for some time. And when I finally got to reading it, I was glad I had.
Peter Clines' style is simple, clean, and direct. He describes the characters with their actions and dialogs, and looses no time on flourishes of language. It really reminded me of a movie or a play, so heavy was the text with dialog. And this is not a bad thing, depending on the plot and rhythm of the story, it fits really well.
The characters could have had more layers to them, but they are not shallow.
The story is very good plotted, and it is obvious that he spend quite some time preparing all the small details.
This book is full of mysteries; each new one taking the reader a little deeper into the strange world that Mr. Clines has constructed. A strange world that reminiscence of Lovecraft and his unworldly mysteries.
A great read that will not pass unremembered to the fans of mystery and horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment